Ragi Oats Porridge2012-04-26
- Cuisine: Indian, Kannada, Maharashtrian
- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Beginner, Easy
- Add to favorites
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 10m
Ragi Oats Porridge
Healthy breakfast with oats and ragi
Ragi and oats are perfect breakfast for start your day.
Ragi is full of calcium and many other nutrients. Oats contains fiber and good for your heart.Porridge is always light and tasty breakfast idea. We can make sweet and spicy porridge using oats and ragi.
You can find
Spicy Oats Porridge Recipe
Health Benefits of Oats
Oatmeal is a cholesterol-free food that is low in total fat and saturated fat. Additionally, clinical studies prove that as part of a healthy diet,oatmeal can help lower the “bad” LDL cholesterol levels in your blood.
- Oat-soluble fiber helps to remove the cholesterol from your body.
- Eating 3 grams of oat soluble fiber daily,in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Oatmeal, along with a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy, may help you maintain your blood pressure in healthy ranges
1 cup of Oats
2 tbsp. of Ragi
1 ltr of Milk
Honey/Sugar as required
Ragi Oats Porridge Preparation Method
Mix ragi powder in milk and bring to boil.Stir often.
When it gets boiled,add oats,sugar and cook for 3 minutes.Stir continuously.
Add fruits while serving(You can add dry fruits,banana,apple,pomegranate etc…).