Hummus Recipe | How to make Hummus with Chickpeas2016-01-15
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 6:40 h
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
Hummus Recipe made with Chickpeas
A healthy middle eastern starter dip for your dinner party.
Easy to prepare and healthy side dish with chickpeas.Hummus is an arabic word which means “chickpeas”. Chickpeas are loaded with protein and it is good for growing kids. Preparing hummus is very easy and requires few ingredients. It is a non spicy starter dip. There are lot many varieties in hummus like Beetroot Hummus ,Rajma Hummus,Cauliflower hummus etc… It is a very easy to make and healthy starter dip. My MIL taught me this recipe. She used to prepare this spread with chapathi and spicy chicken fry. Hope you all will like this recipes.
How to make Hummus Recipe
Health Benefits of Chickpeas
1. Chickpeas are excellent gluten-free source of protein and fiber.
2. Chickpeas contains iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium.
3. As Chickpeas are great source of iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamin K, chickpea helps to maintain born strength.
4. There is no cholesterol in Chickpeas there by reduces the heart problems.
5. Chickpeas contains Selenium which helps to detoxify some cancer causing components in body
250g of boiled chickpeas
100g of white sesame seeds (ellu)
4 cloves of garlic
1 spn. of lime juice
2 spn. of olive oil
Salt as required
Place all the ingredients in a food processor or mixer grinder and process till smooth.
Serve with roti,bread etc…
hummus is good for kids.You can serve this dip with bread,chappathi,roti etc…Chickpeas are full of protein. Replace your bakery items with something healthy like chappathi hummus rolls, bread and hummus spread etc…Healthy living