Gooseberry Jam | Nellikka Jam | Amla jam2012-11-29
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 30m
Gooseberry Jam | Nellikka Jam | Amla jam
Healthy and delicious jam with gooseberries.
Gooseberry Jam recipe with only 3 ingredients. Gooseberries are rich source of vitamin c & antioxidants. Having gooseberry in empty stomach will wash away toxins from your body. The nutrients of gooseberries will not loose if we process it in any way like if we make pickle,chutnies,curries,juice etc…. You can check for my Easy amla pickle recipe and traditional amla pickle here. Jams are kids all time favorite. It is always better to make home made jams than the ready made one. I am sure that your kid will love this gooseberry jam :). You can also get the recipes for Easy Strawberry jam,mixed fruit jam and Mango Jam here.
How to make gooseberry jam
1 cup of Grated gooseberry
1 cup of Sugar
1/2 spn. of Cardamom Powder
Gooseberry Jam Preparation Method
Take a steel vessel with 1/4 cup of water and boil. When boiling, add sugar and stir well until it dissolves completely.
Add grated Gooseberry,cardamom powder to the boiling sugar syrup and keep stirring the mixture till it turns medium thick with traces of water still left in the vessel. Allow to cool.
Upon cooling, the jam turns slightly sticky. Delicious and healthy jam is now ready. Store in glass bottle.
Health Benefits of Gooseberry
- Gooseberry is high in vitamin C
- It enhances food absorption, balances stomach acid, fortifies the liver, nourishes the brain and mental functioning, supports the heart.
- Gooseberry helps the urinary system, good for the skin, promotes healthier hair, acts as a body coolant, flushes out toxins, increases vitality, strengthens the eyes
- Gooseberry improves muscle tone and it acts as an antioxidant
- Gooseberry contains many minerals and vitamins like Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Carotene and Vitamin B Complex.
- Gooseberry strengthens heart muscles. So heart pumps blood flawless throughout the body.
- Gooseberry is used in many hair tonics. It enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation. It strengthens roots of hair , maintains color and luster.
- Improving appetite: Consuming Gooseberry powder with butter and honey before meal improves appetite.