- Yield : 1
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
Healthy and delicious salad with Chickpea,tomaotes,onion etc…
Chikpeas are rich source of protein,carbohydrates,vitamins,calcium etc…
Health Benefits of Chickpeas
1. Chickpeas are excellent gluten-free source of protein and fiber.
2. Chickpeas contains iron, vitamin B-6 and magnesium.
3. As Chickpeas are great source of iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamin K, chickpea helps to maintain born strength.
4. There is no cholesterol in Chickpeas there by reduces the heart problems.
5. Chickpeas contains Selenium which helps to detoxify some cancer causing components in body
We can prepare lots of dishes using chickpeas like chickpeas pulao,curry,hummus etc…I would like to share my beetroot hummus recipe with you
Beetroot hummus in which chickpea is a main ingredient.
2 cup of Chickpea(soaked in water 5-6 hours)
1 no of medium sized chopped onion
2 no of medium sized chopped tomato
1 cup of pomegranate
2 tbsp. of chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup of chopped purple cabbage
1 tbsp. of lemon juice
2 tbsp. of olive oil
1/2 spn. of pepper powder
Salt as required
Chikpea Salad Preparation Method
Pressure cook soaked chipeas upto 2-3 whistle in medium flame.Drain and keep aside.(You can have the filtered water as soup.It is very healthy)
Put all the vegetables and pomegranate in a mixing bowl.
Add chickpeas and lemon juice.Mix well.
Add Pepper powder,salt and olive oil(Be careful while adding salt,because chickpeas are already cooked with salt)
Finally add chopped coriander leaves.Mix well and serve fresh.
Note : Salads keep us healthy and energetic always.Try to increase the intake of salad and avoid junk foods and snacks
I would like to share other salad recipes with you