Cabbage Pakkavada | How to make Cabbage Pakkavada2015-12-15
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 15m
Cabbage Pakkavada | Cabbage Vada
Crispy and spicy Cabbage Pakkavada recipe
Pakkavada/Ullivada is a traditional snack item of South India. Usually Pakkavada is made with besan and onion. In Kerala it is also known as ullivada. We can make pakkavada more healthy by adding vegetables. Here I used cabbage for making this pakkavada. Adding rice flour into pakkavada mix make it more crispy. You can also try my another pakkavada recipes like Crispy Chicken pakkavada,Vegetabke Pakkavada,Egg Pakkavada and Kerala Pakkavda(ulli vada). You can also find other snacks recipes here .Mulaku Bajji, Gobi 65,Mintvada
- Cabbge contains adequate amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, iron, and magnesium.
- Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Cabbage is a very good source of vitamin K and Vitamin C.
- Cabbage is rich is sulphur. So, it helps fight infections in wounds and ulcers.
- Cabbage helps in weightloss
- 1 cup of finely sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup of besan(kadalamavu/gram flour)
- 2 tbsp. of rice flour
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 1/2 spn. of ginger garlic paste
- A bunch of curry leaves
- 1/2 spn. of Chicken Masala Powder(Optional)
- 1/4 spn. of Chilli Powder
- 1/6 spn. of Turmeric Powder
- Salt for taste
- Oil for deep frying